Upbeat Underground – A Fred Perry Subculture Night
Thu, 2 Dec 2010 @ Velvet Underground
On 2 December, 400 people including culture shapers and street-style advocates – Tracy Phillips from Present Purpose, Wayne Lee from Juice, Jasmine Tuan from Blackmarket and Alvin Tan from Phunk Studio, braved the rain to make their way down to Velvet Underground to celebrate urban street cultures and the brightest of our homegrown talents Inch Chua & The Metric System, Breakbeat Theory and Caracal.
Here’s some a rundown of the night’s activities:
Performance Highlights (in order of performance)
– Inch Chua & The Metric System kicked off the night with a potpourri of acoustic tunes and electronic beats
– Sultry vocals and sexy synths from Breakbeat Theory
– Caracal brought the live act segment of the night to a climax in a delivery of an explosively rocking performance moving the crowd with intense bass lines, honest lyrics and a bonus rendition of “I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles)” by The Proclaimers.
– Hong then warmed up the dance floor with his signature electro indie tracks bringing the party spirit to an all-high
– Fred Perry Style Scouts roved Velvet Underground spotting the two most prepped up guests of the night. The selected two include a surprise visitor from England, drummer of indie rock band Babyshambles, Adam Ficek and avid Fred Perry shopper who is a familiar face at Fred Perry stores islandwide, Mrs Zaidi B. Each partied the night away with their friends and a bottle of 42BELOW to call their own.
Fred Perry Subculture Night is supported by 42BELOW and Velvet Underground.
About Fred Perry Subculture Night
Fred Perry Subculture Night is a local music initiative to promote the brightest music talents in Singapore and the best of our streets alongside Fred Perry, one of the first streetwear labels to establish a strong association with urban street cultures and music.
Read more about Fred Perry’s global music initiative Subculture at www.fredperrysubculture.com